Grievance and Dispute Resolution Policy
The Dewpoint Group is committed to promoting the health and safety of its employees and subcontractors.
Health and Safety consultation process is implemented and maintained
to resolve any disputes or situations, which may arise over work related
OH&S issues including worker interaction.
A Grievance & Dispute Resolution process should follow the below
steps, advancing to the next step only if resolution cannot be achieved.
- Employee(s) and/or any employee representative meet(s) with the employee’s direct supervisor to discuss a problem.
- The supervisor listens carefully to the employee(s) (and/or
their representative) and together they try to resolve the dispute. If
the supervisor and employee are unable to resolve the dispute or it is
not appropriate that the supervisor deal with it, the matter should be
referred to management.
- Management listens to the employee’s concerns and either resolves the dispute or refers the matter to more Senior Management.
- Senior Management listen to the employee (and/or their
representative) and attempt to resolve the dispute. It is either
resolved or referred to an independent body.
- An independent conciliator or mediator (ie The Commission as per
the HS Act) assists to resolve the dispute. Any order or decision of
the Commission (subject to the parties’ right of appeal under the Act)
will be final and binding on all parties to the dispute.
Resolution: Problems are solved and healthy working relationships are maintained.
Dispute resolution should not interfere with the continued operation of the business where possible and safe to do so.
Resolution discussions shall not be unreasonably delayed by any
party. If genuine discussions are unreasonably delayed, it shall be open
to any party to give notification of the dispute in accordance with the
provisions of the Act.